No doubt about it: video is HUGE, and it’s not showing any signs of slowing down.
In fact, reports indicate that online video will drive 82.5% of all web traffic in 2023, solidifying its reputation as the most popular content format. It’s also proven to be the second-greatest driver of leads with the highest customer conversion rate. In addition, HubSpot reveals that 78% of people watch videos on a weekly basis, while 55% watch every day.
For the purposes of promoting your chiropractic clinic, those are some pretty exciting numbers, right?
Yeah, they are.
So, if you’re ready to get started with video marketing or you’re eager to ramp up your current efforts, why not make a splash on the world’s largest video-sharing network: YouTube?
Boasting over 2 billion logged-in monthly users who’ve racked up more views than Elon Musk has dollars, YouTube is also the world’s second-largest search engine, making it the perfect platform to showcase your chiropractic skills and expertise, reach potential patients, and grow your practice.
That said, this post aims to give you a crash course in YouTube video marketing by cutting the fluff so that you can get going on building your brand and patient base.
Before we dive in, our previous post on how to get more customers for your local business using video will teach you everything you need to know about creating watch-worthy videos from ideation to production. This post will focus solely on growing your practice’s YouTube channel.
Without further ado, let’s jump in!
Why Your Practice Needs A YouTube Channel
YouTube has become an essential platform for businesses looking to reach a wider audience and engage with their customers in new and innovative ways. As a chiropractor, creating a strong presence on YouTube can have numerous benefits for your practice.
For starters, it’s a great way to build credibility and trust with prospective patients. By publishing educational and informative videos about chiropractic care, you can demonstrate your expertise and provide valuable information to people already searching for answers to their pain and discomfort. Video itself has also proven to generate higher levels of engagement, increase brand exposure, strengthen brand recall, and generate great ROI.
But perhaps YouTube’s greatest power lies in SEO. YouTube is not only owned by Google, but the platform also allows you to add keyword-rich titles, descriptions, and tags to your videos. As a result, you can improve each video’s chances of ranking for keywords related to chiropractic care in both Google search result pages and on YouTube, making it easier for people to find your videos and learn more about your practice.
Before we dive into the nitty-gritty of growing your channel, it’s important to understand how you can leverage the platform to generate revenue. Your monetization strategy may affect content topics or the way you structure your video, including the video script itself.
Ways To Make Money From YouTube
There are five key ways you can monetize your YouTube channel:
- YouTube Ads: One of the most popular ways to make money is through YouTube Ads. Advertisers place ads on your videos for which you receive a share of the revenue generated from displaying those ads. To monetize this way, YouTube requires you to have at least 1,000 subscribers. In addition, you need 4,000 hours of watch time within the past 12 months.
- Affiliate marketing: This involves promoting the products and services of other brands (ideally those that are relevant to the field of healthcare). As a reward, you earn a referral commission for every sale made using your unique affiliate link.
- Sponsorships: You can also make money through partnerships with companies, whereby you create sponsored content that promotes their brand. This can include producing videos that showcase their products or services or incorporating their brand into your existing content.
- Selling your own products and services: If you have physical merchandise, vouchers, chiropractic treatment packages, healthcare or related ebooks, courses, or other digital products, you can promote these items in your videos and use your channel to drive traffic to your website.
- Direct website traffic: You can also boost revenue by directing traffic from your YouTube channel to your practice’s website. This can include using your videos to promote your own chiropractic offerings, as well as using your channel to build an audience for your blog and practice.
Now that you know how you can monetize your channel, let’s look at what makes a video rank.
What Factors Influence YouTube Video Rankings
YouTube’s algorithm is a complex system. And while we don’t know every ranking signal it considers, we do know that the main factors that affect a video’s placement in results include relevance, engagement, user behavior, and overall user experience.
Relevance: This is determined by factors such as keywords used in the video title, description, and tags, as well as the content of the video.
Engagement: These interaction metrics include factors such as the number of views, comments, likes, and shares a video receives, as well as new subscriptions to the channel.
User behavior: This refers to factors like watch time and how viewers interact with the video and the channel.
Overall user experience: This encompasses the speed and quality of the video playback, the accessibility of the video and its content, and the overall design of the video and its channel.
By taking these factors into account, YouTube’s algorithm helps ensure that the most relevant and engaging content is recommended to users.
Armed with this knowledge, it’s time to get down to business and build a rockstar chiropractic channel that drives traffic, leads, and revenue.
Tips to Grow Your Chiropractic Patient Base with YouTube
1. Optimize Your Channel
Used correctly, your chiropractic YouTube channel can be a powerful tool to increase brand recognition and reach a larger audience. The following tips can help you improve the look, feel, and functionality of your channel, helping you achieve both your video marketing and business goals.
- Use A Branded Channel Name And Handle: Input your practice’s name as the channel name and claim a relevant handle. This not only helps establish your brand identity and keep things consistent across all online and offline marketing efforts, but it also improves the discoverability of your YouTube channel.
- Upload Branded Channel Art: Your channel art is a visual representation of your brand that appears at the top of your channel page and in your profile picture. It’s an excellent way to make a positive first impression and showcase your brand’s personality. When creating your artwork, keep in mind the design elements that align with your brand, such as your logo, brand colors, and other imagery.
- Create And Upload A Channel Trailer: A channel trailer is a short but informative video that introduces your brand to new visitors. It should be engaging, informative, and showcase what your business is about. Use the trailer to give an overview of your practice, share your mission, and provide a call to action, such as inviting visitors to subscribe to your channel.
- Write Your About Page Description: The About Page is a crucial component of your chiropractic YouTube channel. It’s often the first place visitors go to learn about you. Therefore, it should include a brief description of your business, your mission, and any other relevant information. Be sure to include links to your website and other social media accounts.
2. Optimize Your YouTube Videos
Optimizing your videos so that they rank in search results and stand out amongst others is crucial if you want to reach a wider audience and get more video views. That said, here are some tips to boost the visibility and ultimate performance of your content.
- Include A Keyword In Each Video File Name: The name of your video file is essential for SEO. Using a relevant target keyword will help your video rank higher in search results.
- Create Video Thumbnails That Stand Out: The thumbnail is the first thing people see when they come across your video, so it’s important to ensure it’s eye-catching, relevant to your video, and high-quality.
- Incorporate Keywords Into Video Titles Naturally: The title of your video is one of the first things people see after your thumbnail, so it’s important to make it attention-grabbing, catchy, and engaging. Simultaneously, it should include keywords that are relevant to your video. This ensures better placement in results and increases clicks.
- Optimize Video Descriptions: The video description should include a brief summary of what the video is about, as well as any relevant links or information. More than that, it should include keywords naturally interspersed in the text. However, be careful not to overdo it.
- Use Hashtags: Hashtags are a great way to categorize your videos and make them more discoverable. Use relevant hashtags in your video’s title, description, and comments to help your videos get more views.
3. Build, Optimize, And Promote Playlists
Creating YouTube playlists can help your audience find your videos, keep them engaged, and keep them watching your content longer. Here are our top tips to help you build, optimize, and promote playlists for maximum impact.
- Optimize Playlist Titles And Descriptions For Search: Use relevant keywords in the playlist title and description, and keep the description brief and to the point.
- Rearrange Your Playlist Videos: You can rearrange the order of the videos in your playlists to make them more engaging and enjoyable for your audience. You can also remove videos that are no longer relevant or that are not performing well.
- Auto-Add New Videos To Your YouTube Playlists: Save time by using the automatic playlist feature, which allows you to automatically add new videos to a specific playlist as they are uploaded. This is a fantastic way to keep your playlists up to date without having to manually add new videos each time.
- Share Your Playlists On Social Media: Besides sharing playlists to reach a wider audience, you can also use social media to promote individual videos within your playlists.
- Embed Playlists On Your Website: This makes it easier for visitors to watch your videos. It’s also an effective way to reach an audience that probably wouldn’t have found your videos on YouTube.
- Collaborate With Other YouTubers: You can collaborate with other YouTubers by adding their videos to your playlists or by creating a playlist together. This will help you reach a new audience and promote your playlists to a wider audience.
4. Create Videos For Each Stage Of The Patient Acquisition Process
Your video content must be built around the buyer’s journey if you hope to eventually convert viewers into paying patients. Therefore, topics should be designed to transition your target through each stage of the acquisition process. Here’s how:
- Attract: The goal of this stage is to make people aware of your chiropractic practice and what you have to offer. To do this, create videos that provide helpful information about chiropractic care, such as "What is Chiropractic?" or "5 Common Misconceptions about Chiropractic Care." Share these videos on your YouTube channel, as well as on your website and social media accounts, to reach a wider audience.
- Engage: The goal of this stage is to build a relationship with your potential patients. You can do this by creating videos that showcase your expertise and knowledge about chiropractic care. For example, you could create a video series called "Chiropractic Tips of the Week" or "Frequently Asked Questions about Chiropractic Care." These videos will not only help establish you as an expert in your field, but they will also keep your audience engaged and interested in your practice.
- Convert: The goal of this final stage is to turn your potential patients into actual patients. Create videos that highlight the benefits of chiropractic care and show why your practice is the best choice. For example, you could create a video called "Why Choose Our Chiropractic Practice" or "Success Stories from Our Patients." These videos will give potential patients the information they need to make an informed decision and help them feel confident in choosing your practice.
Remember to keep your videos informative, engaging, and focused on the needs and interests of your audience to get the best results.
5. Follow YouTube Content Best Practices
Besides making sure your content aligns with your patient acquisition process, you should also ensure your strategy follows best practices for optimal results.
So, what should you be doing?
- Post Consistently: To keep your audience engaged and coming back for more, it's important to post videos consistently. Choose a posting schedule that works for you and stick to it, whether it's once a week, twice a week, or more. This will help build an audience while keeping them interested in your content.
- Post At Optimal Times: In addition to posting consistently, it's also important to post your videos at optimal times. This will ensure your videos get the maximum exposure possible. To find the best posting times, look at your channel's analytics to see when your audience is most active, and then schedule your videos for those times.
- Try YouTube Shorts: YouTube Shorts is a new feature that allows users to create short, vertical videos that are perfect for social media. Shorts are designed to be quick and easy to create, and they're a great way to reach a wider audience. By including Shorts in your content strategy, you can reach a new audience and give your existing audience a new way to engage with your content.
6. Promote Your Chiropractic YouTube Videos
You’ve got to get eyeballs on your content. That means promoting it. Where?
- Embed Videos On Your Blog: If you have a blog, embed your YouTube videos within relevant blog posts. This will help drive traffic to your channel and give viewers an easy way to watch your videos.
- Cross-Promote On Social Media: Share your videos on other social media channels, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, to reach a larger audience. Consider using relevant hashtags and tagging relevant accounts to increase visibility.
- Share Via Email With Subscribers: If you have an email list, share your new videos with your subscribers. Encourage them to share the video with their own followers and network.
- Share In YouTube Community Posts: YouTube has a community feature that allows you to post text, photos, and videos. Consider sharing your videos in the appropriate community posts to reach a new audience.
7. Encourage Engagement
One highly underestimated aspect of growing your channel and building a loyal following is engagement. Many business owners simply publish their videos and leave it at that. However, engagement is a two-way street. People want to feel connected.
How do you make them feel like they matter?
- Respond to comments and interact with your viewers to foster a sense of community around your channel.
- Encourage viewers to take action by including clear and concise CTAs within your videos. This could be as simple as asking viewers to like and subscribe to your channel or to leave a comment with their thoughts on the video.
- Use video cards and end screens. These features allow you to add interactive elements to your videos, such as links to other videos or your website. As a result, you can encourage viewers to engage with your content in new ways.
8. Monitor Your Metrics
Analyzing your YouTube metrics is an important step in assessing the performance of your videos and channel overall. Metrics such as views, watch time, click-through rate, engagement, and audience retention can provide valuable insights into how your videos are performing and how your audience is engaging with your content.
By regularly reviewing these metrics, you can make data-driven decisions about the types of videos you produce, the frequency of your content, and the strategies you use to promote your videos. This information can help you identify areas for improvement and make informed decisions about how to optimize your channel to achieve your goals.
Additionally, by tracking and analyzing your metrics over time, you can measure the success of your efforts and adjust your strategy as needed to continue growing your chiropractic channel.
So, what does a truly optimized, monetized chiropractic YouTube channel look like? Here’s an example from one of our clients whose channel is growing at a steady rate and already producing phenomenal results.
Notice how well-branded and cohesive the channel looks. The content itself is varied and aligns with different phases of the patient acquisition process. In fact, you can check out the full story about how we incorporated YouTube into his online marketing strategy and skyrocketed his channel growth by reading our case study.
While there are hundreds more tips and tricks you can use to grow your chiropractic business through YouTube videos, the best practices and tips provided above will help you create an impact fast. Don’t be concerned if channel growth is slow at first. Keep persevering until you see results. Once you gain momentum, you’ll start to see how YouTube accelerates every other aspect of your marketing progress.
Ready to start leveraging the power of YouTube to grow your chiropractic channel? Take the first step by booking a free 15-minute consultation today! Click here to schedule your appointment now.